Thursday, August 6, 2015

Happy Birthday to my babies Daddy

41... Hey old fart, you're now older. If you play that game of aging gracefully, I'll point out
the error in your train of thought. Just admit it. You are OLD! ((and proud of it))

No idea if you'll get to see this but maybe someone will be kind and point it out to you.
If not....At least the thought was here.

Divorced now for 1 year, 9 months and a handful of days. Moving on was hard but thank you for the support and reminders along the way. I still have a ways to go but I'll make it. Our girls will make sure I do. You'll pull through all the craziness that life tossed your way too. You have a new look on life and that is good. Keep moving forward. Set that example old man.

Cheers to getting older. I may not like it but I've come to appreciate it almost as much as you have.

I don't give gifts the way most do but you know this. So please consider this the "better" gift.
The gift of a friend who spent too many years as your wife. 
"Goodbye Lover, Hello again, old friend"

As summer continues and begins to fade,
The Old life plays out to rest where it may,
Cheers to a new beginning that never ends,
For we've both come a long way.

Happy birthday to you,
May it shine as yesterday should have,
May dreams come true,
Make a wish for whatever you desire.

Goodbye, ol' lover, 
Father of the children that keeps us friends,
Move on in this life that moves forward,
And remember the life that did come to an end.

Hello again, old friend,
It's been awhile since I've seen you,
I remember how you turned my world upside down,
I remember the boy who took my pain away too.

Glad to have you back,
Smile and live your life for you,
Live your life for our children,
I'll watch from afar, in case you need a friend.

Happy birthday, Curtis. I really do hope you find all you've ever wanted and it makes you happy. Life is too short to not be happy. Just remember those who love you along your way. They make life so much more peaceful. (yes, like mom and our girls and even your dad. haha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment